2 Cup Freeze Dried Blackberries*
2 1/2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Cup White Enriched Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Cup Quick Rolled Oats*
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Cup Butter or Margarine
*Reconstitute before using.
Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Use a 13"x 9"x 2" pan; Set oven to 400¬∞F.
2. Rehydrate berries in 1 cup of hot water and save juice from berries.
3. Combine cooled reserved juice with cornstarch and lemon juice. Cook and stir until thickened.
4. Stir in blackberries. Set aside.
5. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Cut in butter until crumbly.
6. Press 2/3 of mixture into greased baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
7. Cool slightly; Spread blackberries over this crust. Crumble remaining flour/oat mixture over berry layer and press lightly.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes more, until lightly browned.
9. Cool in pan.