3/4 Cup Freeze Dried Onion*
3 Tablespoon Oil
3 1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Dehydrated Split Green Peas*
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Green Chilies
2 Teaspoon Garlic, Minced
1 Lemon Juice
2 Tomatoes, Peeled, Seeded and Chopped
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 Chinese Chili Out
Bread, Crackers, or Chips for Dipping
*Reconstitute before using.
Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Saute onion in 2 tablespoon of oil. Stir in water and split pea and bring to boil. Boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
2. Return to heat and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Cool slightly. Drain peas, reserve any liquid.
4. Puree peas, adding enough liquid until desired consistency.
5. Place pureed peas in a bowl and add chilies, garlic, lemon juice, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, and remaining oil.
6. Cover and chill well.