Salt to Taste
1 Cup Freeze Dried Peas*
1 Pound Penne Ziti or Other Cut Pasta
About 1 Cup Ricotta
1 Tablespoon Butter, Softened
1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Ground Pepper to taste
*Reconstitute before using.
Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Bring salted water to boil.
2. In a separate pot, put peas in boiling salted water and cover. Cook 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
3. Cook pasta 8 minutes.
4. Combine ricotta, butter, and half parmesan in warm bowl.
5. When pasta is almost done remove 1 cup cooking water and use it to smooth ricotta mixture into sauce. Drain pasta.
6. Toss with ricotta mixture and peas.
7. Sprinkle with pepper, add more pasta cooking water if necessary and serve with remaining parmesan.