1 Cup Freeze Dried Onion*
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Lentils*
2 Cup Water
2 Cup Freeze Dried Broccoli*
1 Cup Freeze Dried Tomato Chunks*
4 Eggs, Beaten
1 Cup Dehydrated Fat-Free Milk*
1 Teaspoon Salt
Ground Black Pepper to taste
2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 Cup Freeze Dried Shredded Cheddar Cheese*
*Reconstitute before using.
Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
Preparation 1. Reconstitute each freeze-dried item, drain excess moisture.
2. Preheat oven 375¬∞F. Place onion and olive oil in 9" deep dish pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Place lentils and water in saucepan. Bring to boil. Cook for 20 minues or until lentils are tender. Drain most water off, then place broccoli on top of lentils. Cover and cook 5 minutes. This will dry the lentils and cook broccoli.
4. Transfer lentils, broccoli, and tomatoes to pie plate with onions; Stir to evenly distribute each item. Stir in cheese if using.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Pour over pie plate.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until center is firm when the quiche is jiggled. Cook for a few more minutes before slicing and serving.