1 Cup Pearl Barley
3 Cup Chicken Bouillon
2 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
2 Cup Freeze Dried Mushroom*
1/2 Cup Freeze Dried Onion*
3 Cup Freeze Dried Turkey*
1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
1 Cup Sour Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
*Reconstitute before using.
Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
Preparation 1. In medium saucepan; Bring chicken bouillon to boil. Add barley and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
2. Melt butter in skillet. Add curry powder, mushrooms, and onions.
3. Saute until onion is translucent.
4. Add mushroom mixture to cooked barley.
5. Mix in turkey, almonds, and sour cream.
6. Season with salt and pepper and turn mixture into oiled 2-quart casserole dish.
7. Cover and bake at 350¬∞F for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake 5 more minutes.