1 Cup Freeze Dried Onion*
2 Teaspoon Fresh Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
4 Cup Chicken Bouillon
1 (15 oz) Tomato Puree
1 Tablespoon Finely Minced Jalapeno Pepper (optional)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder(optional)
1 Teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Hot Sauce (optional)
4 Tablespoon Flour
1/2 Cup Water
2 1/2 Cup Freeze Dried Chicken*
1 Cup Cream
1/4 Cup Non-Fat Sour Cream
8 ounces Processed Cheese, 1" Cubes
10 (6") Colored or Yellowed Corn Tortillas
Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped (optional)
*Reconstitute before using.
Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Saute oil, garlic, and onions in large pan or dutch oven until soft.
2. Add number 4-13 mixture. Bring to low boil then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Cut tortillas into 1/4" strips and fry in oil and bake at 400¬∞F (while soup is cooking); Sprinkle with salt if desired.
4. Thoroughly mix flour and water, then whisk into soup. Bring to a low boil and simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Stir in sour cream and cheese to desired taste.
7. Ensure 165¬∞F serving temp.
8. After serving soup, pile tortilla into a haystick shape on top of soup.
-Makes 6-8 servings.