1 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Dehydrated Buttermilk Powder Mix*
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
2 Tablespoon Butter
1/4 Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
1/2 Cup Celery, Sliced Thin
1 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
2 1/2 Cup Freeze Dried Chicken*
*Reconstitute before using.
Follow directions on #10 can to reconstitute.
1. Mix all ingredients except for butter in mixing bowl into smooth.
2. Pour into greased 8" square baking pan and bake at 375¬∞F for 20-25 minutes or until done.
3. Remove from oven and let cool. When cool, crumble cornbread and place 3 cups of cornbread crumbs into mixing bowl.
4. Add 1/2 cup butter to crumbs; Mix well, set aside.
1. In saucepan on medium-low heat, place butter and saute onion and celery until transparent.
2. Add chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, salt, and pepper. Stir until well-blended.
3. Add chicken; Stir untl mixture reaches a low simmer. Cook 5 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Place chicken mixture in buttered 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
5. Spoon cornbread crumbs on top; Do not stir unto chicken mixture.
6. Place baking dish in preheated 350¬∞F oven for 35-40 minutes.